Mirrors and Echos

Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Yesterday...My Tomorrow

Everything seems so distant
everyone tries to pretend
I don't realise the truth
don't see the road bend

I keep on walking with my eyes closed
trusting him with my hand in his hold
But, I find myself, on opening my eyes
on an island where a lonely seagull cries

Suddenly I am too terrified to speak
I hear a noise down somewhere in the creek
Its nothing but the dying footsteps
I call out to him, my voice breaking into shreds

He doesn't stop and doesn't look back
leaving me stunned at his feelings' lack
I ask myself how could I be deceived
but no answer comes, leaving me bereaved

I know I have no one but myself to blame
and all my excuses for my actions sound lame
But can he shrug off his share of my hurt
couldn't he have been soothing instead of being curt

When I find him so cold and distant
I realise, to me, how much it meant
His looking at me with eyes full of praise
and then taking me in his arms, his breath warm on my face

The memories of the shared moments are still fresh
and make me wonder why couldn't the time stretch
Then deep inside me, I seem to know
that my yesterday will never be my tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem troubled..prayers for some peace. Hug !

11:47 AM  
Blogger Relationship Counsellor said...

Hi Iqbal,

Gud one, really touched the heart. This was really very well crafted. Ur purity of heart and clarity of things, reflected in your simple heartwarming wordings…

What’s more, many would be able to relate their lives to it, if not the same way, but thru silent tears for sure!!!

Sumthing on same lines:

Life was a sad n lonely one way ride
Till I saw u - driving right beside,
I had never imagined me going to confide
Leaving me ever so vulnerable with nothing to hide.....

It was all dark clouds that brought no rain
There was no end to the misery n pain,
N then like an angel of love u killed the mundane
N I felt reborn flamboyant with grace n élan .......

U gave me life and u gave me dreams
I made my shiny ride go all the way upstream
To picture us in a song painted in the sunny beam
Holding on to what turned out to be a mere fraudulent scheme

N then it appeared to me how hollow it was
All the words u had said-all the days that had passed,
I wanted a way out but I gave in to those phony flaws
I went on riding the mirage without turning back – no pause

Behold said my mind and my racing heart
Coz it all appeared so perfect right from the start,
I had to let go to save me from falling apart
I only hope I did right by choosing no heartache, rather just an empty depart!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home